Registered Interior Designers
Registration by Exam or Prior Exam
TBAE will send you confirmation when you have been approved for exam/licensure.
Applicants who have earned at least 6 months (full time or 12 months part-time) experience under a registered interior designer, may qualify for early exam.
Applicants with foreign education must have their college transcript evaluated by World Education Services (WES)
- If you began your education ON SEPTEMBER 1, 2006 OR AFTER, you must graduate from a program that has been granted professional status by the Council for Interior Design Accreditation (CIDA) (formerly FIDER) or the National Architectural Accrediting Board (NAAB).
- If you began your education before 8-31-06, THIS TABLE applies to you.
Use this checklist to help you navigate the steps toward registration in Texas
For additional information about the examination process:
- Foreign Degree
- Exam Dates and Application Deadlines
- Exam Fee Payment Deadlines
- Exam Accommodations - call NCIDQ at (202) 721-0220
- Early Exam: Exam after Education and Six Months' Approved Experience
- Five-Year Time Limit for Exam
- Veterans Benefit
Contact: Examination Coordinator (email@example.com)